Multiple Choice Questions
1) Which of the following occurs at the initial baseline stage in an ABA design?
2) Aetiology is a term:
3) Analogue research involves:
4) Animal models allow research into which of the following?
5) An applied scientist is:
6) Which of the following is true of a scientist-practitioner:
7) A hypotheses is:
8) Which of the following is an acronym for NICE?
9) Prediction refers to which of the following:
10) SPSS is an acronym of the following?
11) Which of the following statements is true of the notion of statistical significance?
12) If something is testable, it involves which of the following?
13) Prevalence rates can be assessed by which of the following questions?
14) The outcome of what is being measured is termed:
15) To avoid experimenter bias, when the experimenter nor the participant is aware of which group the participant is in, this is known as:
16) What is the name of an effect that occurs when an experimental group gets better simply because they are being giving a pill and this leads them to expect to get better?
17) Natural experiments involve:
18) A case study can be used in which of the following circumstances?
19) The external validity of an experiment means that:
20) Which of the following describes a meta-analysis?
21) In an experiment an effect size is:
22) Quantitative methods enable one to:
23) Qualitative methods involved which of the following:
24) Grounded theory is an approach to qualitative analysis. It involves which of the following:
25) During experimentation informed consent should include which of the following:
26) In drug treatment studies, it may be necessary to use deception. This may involve:
27) Those with more complex psychopathologies are likely to be excluded from treatment outcome studies and so denied access to the treatment programme associated with the study. This is referred to as:
28) In psychological research, the term privacy refers to which of the following options:
29) In psychological research the term confidentiality refers to which of the following options:
30) Which of the following would occur in a longitudinal study: