When you have completed this chapter, you should be able to:
- Describe and evaluate some of the difficulties involved in diagnosing and treating childhood psychological problems.
- Describe the characteristics of at least 2 disruptive behaviour disorders.
- Describe the characteristics of childhood anxiety and depression.
- Compare and contrast theories of the aetiology of disruptive behaviour disorders, childhood anxiety and childhood depression.
- Describe the characteristics of some of the main therapeutic methods use to treat childhood psychological problems, and evaluate their efficacy.