1. Which of the following is NOT the case regarding human infants?
2. Which reflex in infants ensures that normal infants will respond to contact with the mothers’ breast by seeking out the nipple and feeding?
3. Which of these are actual neonate reflexes?
4. Which of the following statements about Jean Piaget is NOT true?
5. According to Jean Piaget, what is the first stage of cognitive development, occurring from birth to two years of age?
6. Which of the following assertions about object permanence is NOT actually the case?
7. Which of the following statements is true in language development?
8. Language in the form of phonemes or words is typically apparent in children of which age?
9. Which of the following assertions about social development is INCORRECT?
10. An infant acts relatively indifferent to her mother’s presence, does not seem greatly disturbed by her departure, and does not go to her when she returns. This is an example of which type of infant attachment style according to Mary Ainsworth and colleagues?
11. Which one of the statements below is correct in relation to children’s perceptual and motor development in the pre-school years?
12. According to Piaget, the preoperational stage refers to the development of which cognitive abilities in children?
13. Which, if any, of these statements about Piaget’s conservation test is accurate?
14. Which of the following statements about theory of mind is INCORRECT?
15. How does Noam Chomsky explain the rapid and complex acquisition of language in children?
16. Which of the statements given below is an accurate assertion in relation to learning about gender?
17. At which age can children accurately predict the gender of a person stereotypically based on the attributes associated with particular activities?
18. Metalinguistic awareness refers to which ability in children?
19. When someone’s biological sex does not match their gender identity, they may be experiencing which phenomenon?
20. Researchers have demonstrated that between the ages of 6 and 10, the meaning of “friendship” progresses in the following way: