1. Which of the following definitions of key terms in motivation is INCORRECT?
2. The functions of some peripheral factors in the control of eating can be demonstrated by the sham feeding preparation. But which of the following is NOT true? In the sham feeding preparation:
3. Experiments with rats, monkeys and humans using sham feeding have advanced our knowledge about food intake by demonstrating that:
4. Which one of the following findings would support the glucostatic hypothesis?
5. Which of these statements is correct, regarding how damage to the brain affects eating?
6. Long-term regulation of body weight and fat has been associated with the following hormone:
7. Which of the following is NOT the case with respect to a primate’s secondary cortical taste area?
8. The orbitofrontal cortex:
9. Which of the following explanations for the problems of obesity targets environmental factors as the cause?
10. When thinking about the amygdala, which of the following do we find NOT to be the case?
11. Which of the following statements about thirst is UNTRUE?
12. __________ is the term that refers to a decreased volume of blood circulation, and it leads to the behavioural response of _________.
13. Why do we keep drinking even when our bodies are not deprived of water?
14. The pleasantness of touch is located in the _____________.
15. Which, if any, of the factors below has probably NOT influenced human sexual behaviour in evolution?
16. According to sociobiological explanations for sexual behaviour, women seek out partners who will provide the most _____________.
17. Current research considers human sexual behaviour to be motivated by what factors in the brain?
18. Which of the following are actual factors confirming the involvement of the preoptic area in the control of male sexual behaviour?
19. Some research suggests that women are more receptive to external sensory stimuli when they are what?
20. Motivational states are states that lead animals to work toward __________.