1. Learning is best defined as a process that involves:
2. Which of the following does NOT represent a form of learning?
3. The fundamental element required for learning through classical conditioning is:
4. Consider this sequence: (1) food, (2) salivation with food, (3) light with food, and (4) salivation with light. This procedure for presenting stimuli and observing responses with dogs is based on Pavlov’s experiments, and represents which sequence of classical conditioning?
5. Which of the following statements about Pavlov’s dogs is FALSE?
6. The basic understanding of the relationship between unconditioned response (UR) and conditioned response (CR) includes which of the following ideas?
7. Which of the following is accurate in relation to the law of effect?
8. Which of the following phenomena demonstrate the importance of classical conditioning for human behaviour?
9. Which of the following statements applies to instrumental learning?
10. Instrumental learning differs from classical conditioning in which of the following ways?
11. Not every organism will learn at the same rate as a result of:
12. Which TWO of the following statements are true of blocking?
13. Which THREE of the following are true regarding habituation and dishabituation ?
14. Which of the following does NOT apply to spatial learning in the rat?
15. What types of learning do not rely on forming associations among stimuli and events?
16. If you intended to stop at the corner shop on the way home from school, but instead took your usual path from school to your home and missed the corner shop, then your behaviour has been controlled by which type of learning?
17. How might behaviours of individuals with obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) be explained by the principles of instrumental learning?
18. Which TWO of the following are true of the learning set procedure?
19. Phobias can be very debilitating and distressing phenomena. Which, if any, of the following statements are correct in relation to Watson and Rayner’s (1920) research into them?
20. Which of the following statements applies to Garcia and Koelling’s (1966) experiment?