1. Select the TWO correct statements from those below with regard to psychological research:
2. Which approach differentiates psychology from the many other disciplines that address similar types of questions?
3. Which THREE of the following are criteria for good psychological research?
4. Five qualities that best describe good psychological research include:
5. Which of the following are FALSE regarding the role of theories in psychology?
6. What are the main types of assessment measures used by psychologists to study the outcomes of mental activity?
7. Which of the following is NOT a widely used research method in modern experimental psychology?
8. Experimental groups, treatment groups, and control groups represent ways to ____________ outcome variables.
9. In psychological research, the process of using multiple research methods to tackle the same issue is referred to as:
10. Which of the following is true?
11. Which of the following do we know to be true about the qualitative approach?
12. Deciding which method to choose is a very complex issue and depends on many factors. Which of the following statements is correct when making this decision?
13. Measurement scales used in psychological research are based on four types, which include:
14. External validity is compromised by which one of the following?
15. The three measures of central tendency include:
16. Highlight the one FALSE statement about inferential statistics from the four given below:
17. Which of the following statements is NOT true in relation to measures of dispersion?
18. If correlational analyses indicate that higher levels of depression are related to poorer physical health, can we infer that depression causes poor health?
19. You have just conducted a research study. If the responses of the participants significantly differ from what would be expected if there was no relationship among the variables in your study, then it would be appropriate for you to:
20. Research ethics represent an important component of psychological research because: