1. Which of these definitions applies to ALL types of abnormal behaviour?
2. Comorbidity refers to:
3. In terms of the early parent–child relationship in the development of mental illness, which of the following accurately explains how contemporary psychodynamic models differ to that of Freud?
4. Biological models of mental disorders explain mental illness as resulting from which of the following factors?
5. Which model explains that psychological disorders develop when people with some vulnerability to mental illness experience proximal stressors?
6. Which are true of the diathesis–stress model of mental illness? Please identify all correct answers.
7. We know that a distinction is made between positive and negative symptoms of schizophrenia. What is the difference between these symptoms?
8. Which one of the following types of factors has been found to be the most likely cause of schizophrenia ?
9. Which of the following is not a risk factor for suicide?
10. Which psychological disorder is characterized by hallucinations, delusions, using bizarre language and inappropriate affect?
11. Symptoms of major depressive disorder might include:
12. Identify the accurate assertion from those given below, in relation to the course of major depressive disorder:
13. Which of the following is a characteristic of people with social phobia?
14. Which of the following do we know to be the case, in terms of the causes of anxiety disorders and factors affecting their course?
15. Which of the following symptoms do anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa have in common?
16. The tension-reduction hypothesis attempts to explain the development of which type of mental disorder?
17. Common impairments of a substance abuser might include:
18. Which type of mental illness is most resistant to change?
19. According to research, children who are behaviorally inhibited are shy, quiet, fearful, socially avoidant and have high levels of physiological arousal. These children are most likely to develop which type of psychological disorders?
20. For which type of mental illness is there considerable evidence that it is caused by biological factors and little to no evidence that it is caused by psychosocial factors?