1. Which one of the following assertions is true? Galton’s notion of the ‘normal distribution’ tells us:
2. Galton introduced the idea of correlation (or co-relation) and showed which of the following to be true?
3. In the early stages of measuring intelligence, which type of intelligence did Spearman identify as the underlying feature that contributes to performance across a variety of different tasks?
4. Binet was the first psychologist to specify that intelligence tests must be:
5. Which is the case? IQ is calculated as:
6. Which one of the following is most likely to be true? A person with an IQ of 100 is:
7. Evidence obtained from measures of reaction time, inspection time and physiological changes suggests that general intelligence has a ___________ basis.
8. It is generally accepted that there is such a thing as general intelligence. So which of the following statements is true?
9. All of the following represent intelligences from Gardner’s theory of multiple intelligences except for ___________.
10. Mental retardation is represented by which of the following characteristics?
11. Which model assumes that the savant syndrome represents selective brain damage by which some modules were spared whereas others were not?
12. IQ test scores represent __________ measures of intelligence.
13. By measuring the extent to which identical twins reared together score differently on intelligence tests, researchers can determine the influence of which factors on intelligence?
14. Flynn has shown that there has been a standard deviation increase, per generation, in the mean level of intelligence test performance for most of this century in Western society, which equates to about three IQ points per decade. He believes that such a difference has to be the result of which one of the following?
15. Detterman believes that:
16. Anderson argues three of the following – but which ONE is NOT in line with his arguments?
17. The measured difference in IQ between African Americans and white Americans is most likely to be due to which one of the following factors?
18. What explanations have been given to challenge the widely publicized, yet grossly inaccurate, claim that differences in IQ scores between black and white Americans are due to genetic differences in intelligence?
19. Estimates of heritability for intelligence range between __________.
20. Which are the most widely used individual tests of intelligence?