1. Which one of the following can be said to be true of language?
2. All of the following represent components of natural language use except for ____________.
3. When related sentences are put together to make a sensible message, this is referred to as _________.
4. Which TWO of the following statements are true of parsing?
5. Which of the following statements about interpretation of language is correct?
6. Which of the following statements is INCORRECT in terms of the modular view of word-sense retrieval?
7. Which of the following statements about Swinney’s 1979 experiment is FALSE?
8. Gibbs’ work revealed many things, but three of the following are false in relation to his findings. Which is the CORRECT answer?
9. The common term used to describe all types of language loss is ________.
10. Which of these statements about scenario research is true?
11. According to Lakoff, metaphors have a significant influence in how we think and understand our social worlds. Which of the following examples below is not an example of a metaphor?
12. With respect to problem-solving, which of the following statements is true?
13. Research studies that examine people’s responses on the Watson Selection test, the military problem puzzle and speak-aloud protocols have demonstrated that reasoning about problems is strongly influenced by ____________.
14. With respect to anagram problems, which of the following statements are correct?
15. Which one of the following statements are true of the Wason Selection, or four-card problem (Wason, 1966)?
16. Which of the following is an example of people’s reliance on the representativeness heuristic to make decisions or judgments?
17. All of the following qualities describe reasoning by intuition except for ____________.
18. When two groups of participants were each shown a different set of results based on an experiment with rats, both groups reported that the results shown to them were obvious outcomes. This suggests that sometimes things appear to be more obvious than they should. Which cognitive phenomenon can explain this effect?
19. While considerable research suggests that human’s exhibit relatively poor reasoning ability, what reasons have been given to be critical of this research?
20. The temporary inability to retrieve a word that is well-known to us is referred to as the _________.