1. Which of the following broad domains can be studied by psychologists?
2. Identify the FALSE statement from the below:
3. What is the common, underlying view that unites the various subfields of psychology?
4. The beginnings of modern psychology were based on which of the following influences?
5. It is most likely that hotter regions of the world witness more aggression than cooler regions because:
6. Cartesian dualism specifies that:
7. David Hume regarded the laws of association as being the mental counterpart of laws governing the physical universe. According to Hume, which of the following is NOT a fundamental law of association?
8. Herman von Helmholtz (1821–94):
9. According to many, the founder of modern day psychology and first ‘psychologist’ was:
10. Which of the following school of thought would be most likely to reject the method of introspection to study human experience?
11. Which of the following researchers had a profound impact in developmental psychology despite the limitations of his methodology?
12. What do Hermann Ebbinghaus, Francis Galton and Sigmund Freud share in common?
13. Ivan Pavlov:
14. Which of the following statements is true of Ebbinghaus?
15. Which of the following is FALSE regarding Piaget?
16. The cognitive revolution in psychology was a response to the limitations of which school of thought?
17. The human information-processing approach and the connectionist approach disagree with each other about how information is processed. How does the connectionist approach differ from the human information-processing approach?
18. According to the information-processing framework, which of the following is NOT true?
19. Psychologists employ a variety of tools and methods to study human behaviour. Which of the following methods do psychologists rely on to make systematic observations and draw conclusions about human behaviour?
20. The study of psychology is most concerned with which field of scientific inquiry?