The evidence for evolution
In this tutorial, we shall be examining the evidence for evolution. This will mean testing the evidence for two claims made by the theory of evolution:
That species have evolved in Darwin's sense of 'descent with modification'.
That all species share a common ancestor: the change has been through a tree-like history.
- What are the main theories of the history of life?
- What kind of evidence is there for evolution?
- How can evolution be observed?
- Can the formation of a new species be observed?
- Why are ring species interesting?
- What do homologous similarities tell us?
- What evidence does the fossil record provide?