To view the animations you need the Flash plugin. It only takes a few minutes to download and it is free.
- Channel gating during an action potential
- Propagation of the action potential.
- Synaptic vesicle fusion and neurotransmitter release.
- Comparison of direct and indirect neurotransmitter actions, ligand-gated vs. G-protein-coupled receptor.
- Calcium release from sarcoplasmic reticulum, initiation of muscle contration and actin/myosin interactions and filament sliding during muscle contraction.
- Photoisomerization of rhodopsin.
- Center-surround receptive field, simulated action potential firing with light placed in different positions in receptive field.
- Mechanosensory transduction in hair cells.
- Basilar membrane oscillations at different sound frequencies.
- Granule cell migration along radial glial cells